Social Worker in Schools Project – Fixed term/secondment
We are delighted to announce that the DfE have extended our Social Work in Schools (SWIS) project. The success of our project was especially noted in a recent visit by the then Secretary of State Nadhim Zahawi as well as the Chief Social worker, Isabelle Trowler. Due to one of our social workers moving on to another opportunity, we have an opening in our team. Merton was recently judged as being “Outstanding” by Ofsted. You will be joining a service where social workers feel valued, supported and where we have many opportunities for creative and relational practice. Our schools where this project is based truly value our input and have excellent partnership with the social work team. You will have a fine balance of practicing autonomously as well as having an excellent peer support and reflective supervision from our Team Lead for the project.
The Journey So Far…
The past 18 months have been used to create a good foundation of understanding about the ways social care and education partners work well together, alongside other key stakeholders, to meet the needs of children and families. This is a great opportunity for those who want to grow their leadership skills and who are passionate about developing new ways of working.
We’re looking for a social worker who…
- has completed their systemic social work and/or signs of safety training
- takes a ‘change agent’ position in their interventions with families
- is skilled in using the relationship-based practice model and explaining it to others
- can build strong relationships with children and their families
- is committed to Merton
- can navigate periods of challenge and uncertainty
- has confidence in sharing their knowledge and skills with others
- can operate autonomously within a school setting and as part of a multi-disciplinary network
- is committed to developing themselves and new ways of practicing
Start September 2022 until the end of August 2023
Interviews: will take place week commencing 22nd August 2022
To apply for this job please visit jobs.merton.gov.uk.